Sunday, June 14, 2009

Post Op Thoughts





Well...everything is all good....NOW!
Let me just say it has been a very emotional 2 1/2 weeks. At the beginning, we were stressed and scared....soooo much so that i couldnt sleep and was constantly worrying that something was gonna happen....but I realized that these were my emotions taking over and I wasnt being realistic. Dr Hurst is an ANGEL, a SAINT really! After 4 long hours of surgery, Dominick came out of surgery with a new palette....I know that God was looking after him because before surgery, as we were meeting the whole medical team, there was Dr. Lucas (anesthesiologist) ....an old friend, a familiar face...BLESSED and relieved...Dominick was in good hands. It is simply amazing what these wonderful doctors can do...so much time and patience for these children and all i can say is WOW!
The first week was the hardest....by far the longest week of my life. Dominick would not eat for 4 days. We tried everything soft...nothing seemed to work....He wouldnt sleep for more than 2 hours at a time...and was connected too my chest!!!! So awesome! He was released the day after surgery because he was drinking fluids and taking his meds, but man, all I can say is the this kid is my HERO...MY brave boy! He is such a gift from God and I am the luckiest mom alive...
So he finally eat some baby food! and was starting to drink his milk from the sippy cup...YAY NO MORE SPECIAL NEEDS FEEDER! I guess that one way to ween him from his bottle...hahaha...

No comments:

Post a Comment